Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Moving Forward...One Step at a Time

Welcome 2010 and Happy New Years Everyone!

Last year is history. Ahead of us is a new year...365 days of fun-filled, action-packed, why-is-this-happening, glory-filled, orchestrated-by-God kind of days!

We are already 5 days into the new year and, so far, it's been action-packed in my world. I'll get back to the action-packed activities tomorrow in part 2 of this post.

Isaiah 43:18 Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland.

This is one of my favorite verses - the Lord keeps bringing it back to me to dwell on. The Lord is asking me to forget the former things - the good and the bad. He is asking me to not dwell on the heartaches and the "whys". He is asking me to not dwell on "how good" I thought our life was when we had two full incomes. Because, He, my God - my Daddy - the Lover of my soul, is doing a new thing.

Yes, He is. It is His Word. It is His Promise.

If I am consumed in the past how am I ever going to perceive the "new thing" that He is doing?

When I read, "do you not perceive it" I picture the side of a person's face turned, with their hand cocking their ear, listening for His voice. Then I picture scanning the horizon, looking for - expecting - the "new thing" God is bringing.

What is this "new thing"?

He is making "a way" in the desert and streams in the wasteland - my desert, my wasteland. Where I didn't think there was a way, or a road, my God is making one. Not only is it one road and one tiny stream, but it will be a river. Where I thought I was in this desert & wasteland with no way out and all by myself, He is making a way and bringing others to come along side me.

All things are possible in Christ.

I don't know what it all looks like today, but I do know His ways are higher than my ways.

I have faith. I have hope. I have Christ, my rock and foundation.

As long as my eyes & ears are expecting the "new things" I will move forward...one stream, one road, and one step at a time.

No comments: